Young Investigator Competition
In 2017, the Young Investigator Award was sponsored by Edan Instruments, an internationally known manufacturer of electrocardiographs, patient monitors and ultrasound systems.
The International Council on Electrocardiology annually confers the "Young Investigator's Award" on an outstanding junior investigators in the field of electrocardiology, based on the submission of an abstract and subsequent presentation of a research project. Specific criteria that form the basis for evaluation include:
- Relevance to ICE
- Scientific Merit
- Scientific Rigor
- Structure and clarity of the writing and presentation
Bayés ECG Award
New for 2018 is the Bayés ECG Award, an award to recognize young investigators who have already established a strong research record. The strucuture of the award competition is as follows:
- This is to be a single award to the young investigator with a best publication portfolio on Electrocardiology.
- The award will be presented during the ICE meeting (first in ICE 2018 in Chiba, Japan).
- A call for nominations and candidates will appear very soon. Candidates will submit their materials through the regular abstract submission system for the ICE.
- Candidates should be under the age of 35.
- Judges for the 2018 compeition will be: Adrian Baranchuk (President ISE), Takanori Ikeda (President ICE 2018), Antoni Bayes de Luna.